Are you looking for the best Gumroad alternatives to sell your digital products? Then your search ends here as we have listed some of the top alternatives to the Gumroad platform in this article.
Gumroad is one of the best online marketing platforms to sell your products, memberships, services, etc. It is a popular platform for bloggers, marketers, artists, and designers to sell their creative products.
Gumroad has many disadvantages, so it is necessary to look for alternatives.
- Their support is pretty bad as there is no live support available; only email support is available.
- They do not have many upselling features, although they are a must for online businesses.
- Although Gumroad is free, it charges a transactional fee on each sale. The fewer the sales, the higher the fee.
- You would see an option of VAT when you checkout. However, it confuses the people as they have not mentioned it on the pricing page. It is only mentioned on the terms and conditions page.
- Their panel is relatively slow; at times, it takes more than 20 seconds to load the admin panel.
- The worst part is that they do not offer any free trial option
- If you upload any content with video, ensure that it works as a lot of people complain that the sound does not play
- The mobile app does not have the feature of seller panel
- Gumroad lacks customization options. It doesn’t have any product templates and has very few products and checkout customization options.
Let us look at Top Gumroad Alternatives in 2022 so that it becomes easier for you to choose the right platform as per your business.
Top 7 Gumroad Alternatives to Sell Digital Products
|Gumroad alternative||Free trial available?||Starting price*||Transaction fees?||Explore more|
Sellfy is one of the best alternatives e-commerce platforms where you can easily sell your physical goods, subscriptions, and digital products. With the help of Sellfy, you can create a complete online store for selling your products.
You get all the necessary tools to sell your products, such as flexibility in payment, discount codes, and email marketing. You can either use the Sellfy storefront, but you can also embed the Sellfy checkout to market your products if you have a website.
- Sell any type of products
- Create digital subscription products
- Drag and drop editor for your storefront
- Accept payments from anywhere with Stripe and Paypal
- Create powerful up-sells
- They offer a 14-day free trial
- Could have more advanced sales funnels
- Not the best for course creators.
- Very less integrations
Pricing: Prices range from $29-$129 per month. Save on their yearly plans.
As one of the best eCommerce platforms, Vepaar definitely deserves a spot among Gumroad alternatives.
Vepaar is an all-in-one eCommerce + CRM platform that allows you to build an online store without any previous experience and manage your important lead with WhatsApp CRM.
Vepaar provides all important tools to sell your products. It also provides multiple integration to track the traffic on store. Payment gateways ( Like - Stripe, Paypal, Flutterwave, Paystack, Razorpay, Paytm, Poli, Midtrans ) are available to get online payments. It also provides many more options to customise the checkout process.
It also provides CRM features where you can manage your important leads. You can also install Vepaar Chrome Extension to manage all your customers with WhatsApp.
- Effortless setup
- Sell any type of products (Ebooks, PDFs, Mini-Courses, Clothing Presets, etc.)
- Add your custom domain
- Accept payments from anywhere with 9 Payment Modes (Stripe, Paypal, Flutterwave, Paystack, Razorpay, Paytm, Poli, Midtrans)
- Checkout Addons & Offer discount codes
- Fast and clean checkout
- Multiple Shipping charges as per locations
- WhatsApp CRM
- Poll Feature for Feedback
- Zero transaction fees
- Customers get instant downloads
- Has a mobile app
- Good customer service and provide free Demos.
- No built-in marketing tools
- No built-in Print-on-demand features
- Can’t create subscription products
- No drag and drop editor for your storefront
Pricing: Prices range from $5-$30 per month. Save 16% OFF on their yearly plans.
Samcart was built from scratch with one goal in mind. Make starting your eCommerce and own online courses as easy as possible. This full service eCommerce platform offers everything you need including shopping cart features, inventory management, templates, and integrations with google analytics.
With their drag & drop editor and website templates, you can set up your own professional-looking online store within minutes.
- Pre-designed templates
- Advanced shopping cart features
- Add digital wallets such as Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Create A/B testing and view traffic analytics
- Create online courses (Add PDFs, Worksheets, and Certifications)
- Unlimited courses and students
- No free plan
- Paid plans are quite expensive
- Limited customization options
- No possibility to build a complete online store
- No marketing features
Pricing: Samcart's plans start at $59 per month, giving you everything you need to sell digital products online. The grow plan runs at $119 per month and their scale plan for $299 per month.
SendOwl is a one-stop-shop for selling your digital goods online without the hassle of dealing with multiple shopping carts or third-party software.
With Sendowl you can sell your ebooks, video courses, music albums, and even physical goods online using an easy-to-use interface that takes care of all the headache behind selling stuff on your eCommerce site.
- Easily Connect with Shopify or WordPress Blog
- Modern, responsive checkout design
- Create different payment options
- Run your own affiliate program natively
- Built-in marketing tools
- Limit number of digital downloads
- No possibility to build an online store
- Limited customization
- No live chat support or Facebook groups
Pricing: SendOwl offers a 30-day free trial and you can start on their standard plan for $15 per month. To upgrade, SendOwl offers other packages if you want to sell subscriptions or have a self-hosted plan.
PayKickStart is an affiliate management and subscription software best for course creators, product creators, agencies, and SaaS owners.
With this subscriptions management, you can track and manage all the subscriptions of your customers. You can offer them 1-click upsells, order bumps, and coupons/discounts so as to maximise the sales. You can also give your customers free/paid trials.
The best thing with PayKickStart is it provides a seamless checkout experience with its 50+ customizable, one-step, and multi-step checkout templates. It has built-in conversion enhancements like a money-back guarantee & security badges, testimonials, video, product images, legal disclaimers, autocomplete addresses, and more.
- Has 50+ customizable, one-step, and multi-step checkout templates.
- Has built-in popups to display custom messages and notifications.
- Its subscription management helps you in getting more sales done.
- Conversion-friendly checkout elements like … are available.
- Pricing is not cheap.
- Lacks free plan.
Pricing: PayKickStart is not an affordable solution. Its lowest pricing plan costs $99/mo, and this is best for beginner users. Its growth plan costs $199/mo, and supports Apple Pay, affiliate center, API access, etc.
BigCommerce is the ideal choice for businesses & best gumroad alternatives that need to scale in the near future. This platform will have no problem growing with your business as it already works with some of the biggest brands in the world including Ben & Jerry’s and Skullcandy.
- Unlimited products, file storage, bandwidth and staff accounts.
- Automatic integration with multiple sales channels.
- Easily scalable; strong features out of the box that increase with higher-level plans.
- Plans are largely determined by annual sales volume; higher sales impact subscription cost.
- Only 12 free theme options.
- Learning curve to getting started.
Pricing: Prices range from $29.95 to $299.95 per month.
Shopify is an all-in-one eCommerce platform that allows you to build an online store without any previous experience or web design background. Moreover, they’ve managed to create a whole ecosystem that includes 3000+ useful apps and countless store themes.
Shopify’s main advantage is that it’s fully customizable and with the right set of app integrations, you can sell pretty much anything in your store—from tangible items to subscriptions and digital products.
- Fully hosted eCommerce platform
- An ecosystem of useful app integrations and store themes
- Fully customizable online store
- Store embed functionality
- Built-in blog
- Supports multiple currencies
- No product or bandwidth limitations
- Has a mobile app
- Key functionalities require the installation of an app
- App integrations may require additional expenses
- Steep learning curve
- Shopify charges transaction fees
- Not enough built-in marketing tools
- Multi-currency selling is available only for Shopify Payments users
Pricing: Prices range from $9 to $299 per month.
Over to you
As you may have noticed, there are plenty of sites like Gumroad for you to choose from. I really hope that this review will help you find a platform that fits your needs and budget.